Effective Date: January 10, 2006
Revised: May 17, 2018
Please Read Carefully.
- Cookies Policy
- Contact Us
Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.
We have several areas in this Site (including links to other CBRE websites) where you can submit personal and other information to us. The types of personal information we may obtain or you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Your professional information (such as job title, department and name of organization)
- Account information
- Subscription details
- Username and password
- Payment account information
- Content you provide (such as job and education history, comments, responses to questions)
- Mobile device unique identifier
- Geo-location data
- Information about your use of our websites. For more information, see our Cookies Policy
- How We Use Your Information/Communications With You – Offerings and Services In Which You Expressed Interest
- When you visit or transact business on this Site, you may be required to register with us or be requested to provide us with personal and account information. When you provide us with this information, we may use such information to contact you about the offerings or services in which you have expressed an interest. CBRE has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect from you if you apply for employment or engage in a contractual business relationship with CBRE. Where we have relied on your consent, if you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you (by accessing our opt-out procedure described below), we will respect your wishes.
- Communications With You – Newsletters and Marketing Purposes:
- In order to keep our users informed about our latest news, products and services, we may, subject to applicable law, send e-mails and marketing communications to the email address that you provided to us while registering on our Site or requesting information from us. Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners) as well as our own. If you elected to opt–in to any of our email lists, newsletters or other promotional offerings and later decide that you no longer wish to receive such newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in each email we send to you (or use the opt-out procedure described below).
- Other Uses:
- We may also use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing any accounts you may have with us and respond to your inquiries;
- Evaluating your interest in employment and contacting you regarding possible employment with CBRE;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, and mobile applications and any other digital assets);
- Anonymizing personal information and preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymized information;
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over CBRE.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- Information Provided to Us About You By Third Parties
Third Party Usage:
We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. We may also associate this marketing data to the personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
We may share your personal information with companies acting as our authorized agents in providing our services (e.g., customer/support services) to you, all of which agree to use your information only for such specified purposes. Each vendor must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Because we operate globally, we may transfer your information to countries or jurisdictions that do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you are based. If we make such a transfer, we will, or our vendors will, as applicable, provide for the proper safeguards required by applicable law to ensure that your information is protected. More information on International Data Transfers of your personal information is below.
Legally Affiliated Entities:
In the event that CBRE is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, Site or operations, CBRE may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with such transaction. In the event of such a transfer, CBRE will notify you via email or by posting a prominent notice on our Site for 30 days of any such change in ownership of CBRE resulting in a change of control of your personal information. We may also share your personal information with CBRE affiliates in order to provide or offer services to you.
Legally Compelled Disclosure:
We will also disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement agency’s requirements, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (whether intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
Consent to Processing In the US and Elsewhere by Registration on This Site
CBRE is a global business. We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients, and your personal information may be stored and processed, in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and elsewhere that may have less stringent data protection laws than the country in which you initially provided the information. By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and processing of such personal information in the United States and other countries or territories.
If you object to your personal information being transferred or used in this manner please do not register with or use the Site.
Privacy Shield Certification:
Independent Recourse of Privacy Shield Complaints
In compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, CBRE commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact CBRE at: PrivacyAdministrator@cbre.com.
CBRE has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit www.jamsadr.com for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. You have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by JAMS. For additional information on binding arbitration, visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
CBRE endeavors to protect the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use Secure Socket Layers or SSL technology to protect the transmission of sensitive personal information such as your credit card number. We store your personal information on a secure server, and use procedures designed to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Although we will take (and require our third-party providers to take) commercially reasonable security precautions regarding your personal information collected from and stored on the Site, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
When you register on this Site, we may ask you to select whether you would like to receive email and electronic communications from us such as offers, news, reports and other promotional communications. You may withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us as described below. We are also improving this Site with a privacy preferences page so you can control what communications you want to receive from us.
You may contact us: (a) by telephone, at +1 877 227 3330; (b) by facsimile, at +1 212 6187085; (c) by following the Opt-Out or unsubscribe instruction contained in the body of any marketing e-mail from us; (d) by sending us an e-mail at PrivacyAdministrator@cbre.com, including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail; or (e) by mail, CBRE, Inc., 321 North Clark Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, Illinois 60654, Attention: Global Director, Data Privacy.
If you are located in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, you may also e-mail us at PrivacyAdministratorEMEA@cbre.com, including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail.
If you are located in Asia or the Pacific, you may also e-mail us at PrivacyAdministratorAPAC@cbre.com, including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Your election not to receive newsletters or promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not: (i) preclude us from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, and (ii) preclude us, including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site.
Objecting to or Unsubscribing from Direct Marketing:
You may unsubscribe from or object to receiving direct marketing from us; or request correction or object to our processing your personal information collected by this Site by sending a written request to (a) PrivacyAdministrator@cbre.com or (b) PrivacyAdministratorEMEA@cbre.com if you are located in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or (c) PrivacyAdministratorAPAC@cbre.com if you are located in Asia Pacific.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Information and Other Rights:
You may also request to review, access, correct, delete, port or object to our processing your personal information processed by us by making a request on CBRE’s data subject rights portal or submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. CBRE’s Guidance on Making a GDPR Data Subject Request is available on the DSR Portal.
Independent Recourse for Privacy Shield Complaints:
Information about independent recourse for Privacy Shield complaints can be found above.
What is a Cookie: A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your personal computer, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. A cookie contains the name of the server it came from, the expiry of the cookie, and a value – usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies do not give access to nor damage your computer.
Cookies Are Not Used to Store Sensitive Data:
The cookies we use do not store sensitive personal information, such as your address, your password, or your credit card data.
Main Cookies we use:
Here’s a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
|Analytics||_utma||Used to record anonymous data about your visit.
The information is aggregated to our Google Analytics account. We do not share this data in any form.
|Analytics||_utmb||Same as above.||30 minutes|
|Analytics||_utmb||Same as above.||When you close your browser|
|Analytics||_utmz||Same as above.||6 months|
|Analytics||MF_user||This cookie establishes whether the user is a
returning or first-time visitor for the purpose of analytics. This is done
simply by a yes/no toggle – no further information about the user is stored.
|Analytics||_GA||Allows web analytics to identify unique users
across browsing sessions, but it cannot identify unique users across different browsers
|Analytics||_Gid||Allows web analytics to identify unique users
across browsing sessions, but it cannot identify unique users across different
browsers or devices.
|Identifies repeat visits from an anonymous
single user across CBRE websites.
|Performance||Adrum||Performance Cookie for technical monitoring of
the server load
|On session close|
|Performance||ASP.NET_SessionId||Collects and reports on aggregate non-identifiable information, which can then be used to report on the performance of the website and provide insights on how the site is currently used and how it can be improved.||1 year|
|User Login State||GRG_jwtToken||Identifies if a user is logged in to the CBRE Global Research Gateway. The Login is able to persist up to 90 days or on log out by the user.||90 days|
|User Login Stat||auth_id_token||Identifies a user is authenticated by Single Sign on and able to download CBRE Research||90 days|
You may contact us by emailing PrivacyAdministrator@cbre.com or by writing to us at 321 North Clark Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, Illinois 60654, Attention: Global Director, Data Privacy.
Visitors in Europe, the Middle East or Africa:
If you are located in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, you may also e-mail us at PrivacyAdministratorEMEA@cbre.comor write to us at St. Martins Court, 10 Paternoster Row, London EC4M 7HP, United Kingdom, Attention: EMEA Director, Data Privacy.
Visitors in Asia or the Pacific:
If you are located in Asia or the Pacific, you may also e-mail us at PrivacyAdministratorAPAC@cbre.com or write to us at 40/F GT Tower International, 6813 Ayala Ave. cor H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines 1227, Attention: APAC Senior Manager, Data Privacy.